Sunday, July 4, 2010

Make a Wish Birthday Card

Card measures 5 1/2 x 4 1/4...perfect for an A2 envelope (1/4 size of US letter sized paper)...if you don't make your own envelopes, I made the envelope to match using the Green Swirl frosting:)

I really like this card because the colors came out perfect for a boy or girl. I specifically made this card for a girl that has invited the boys to her birthday party (although they aren't here to go:(, I will still mail this to her). She is/has been on the boy's baseball team for several years now and is not into GIRLY things....so I thought the color scheme fit the bill!

How To:
I wanted to only emboss the side of the card, so here's how I did it.

I layed the purple paper inside the embossing folder, used tape to hold the folder shut and in place and ALSO taped the back of the purple paper to help hold it still. Then I used my kitchen rolling pin to emboss the paper. I used quit a bit of pressure to ensure the embossing. I was able to view the paper (since it was taped) to make sure all the paper had been embossed BEFORE I removed the tape.

Tip: I like Scotch "satin finish" tape, it goes on clear and when you need to use it in a "removable" circumstance it comes right off w/out leaving a mark.



Recipe:
Paper:
cardstock (white, black)
paper (red, aqua, blue, purple)
brand name paper (The Paper Studio, "Green Swirls", green frosting)
(The Paper Studio, "Football Texture", cake)

Accessories/Embellishments:
Peachy Keen Stamps: Everyday Character
CuttleBug: Happy Birthday Folder
Gel Pen (white, black)
Martha Stewart Corner-Rounder

Adhesives:
Pop Dots
Zig Squeeze & Roll
Double Sided Tape

Cartridges:
Sweet Treats (cake)
Wild Card (font, gypsied)


5 comments:

  1. How cute is the cherry on top with that little face. I really need to get some peachy keens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey!! I just made the leap not to long long and LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...Makes me wanna go gets some Desserts....lol..Great Creations...

    ReplyDelete