Thursday, July 29, 2010

Chip board brag book, with yogurt box


I made this project with Cristina over at Crafting with Cristina in mind. Her Companion Challenge #2: Create a recycled project is going on NOW and will end SUNDAY, AUGUST 1st at MIDNIGHT PST. Go check out her blog!!! She makes some REALLY great projects:)

I thought why not try to make my FIRST chip board book. I didn't have anyone special in mind for this book, so I wanted it to be generic.....I will add to it when I decide to use it.

I wanted this book to be either used for a boy or girl, so I kept that in mind while selecting my paper.

Tip:
Look closely for the metal "rod" behind the finished book in the video (or the 2nd photo below). It's a cake tester....but it is one of my favorite scrapping tools. I used it to run the ribbon through the tiny holes.

**When making this book, I didn't have a plan in place. I wasn't sure how I would bind the book together. I placed brads in the upper left corners, then covered the pages completely, so I just punched a 1/16 hole and tied ribbon:)

~~~~~updated after I posted, not sure why but I stated *brads*, I really meant *eyelets*, oops!!~~~~~










3 comments:

  1. This is now on my list of things I want to do!!

    thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great idea!!! THank you so much for joining my challenge abbie, This is great!!

    Your creativity ceases to amaze me :)

    Cristina

    http://www.craftingwithcristina.com

    ReplyDelete