Friday, August 6, 2010

First Friday's Challenge #2: Girlfriends

Good morning cricut friends!! Are you up for a challenge??? I'm excited and I can't wait to see what creations my friends come up with.

A few details:
I will be doing a challenge specifically for the FIRST FRIDAY of every month. When prizes and entries increase, maybe the time between challenges will decrease. I will have my challenge up in the morning, 8 am central and you will have until the following MONDAY at midnight central to envision, create & enter. I will have a Mister Linky on my page and that's how you will enter. If you don't have an url, send me your entry at: CRICUTmeTHAT@gmail.com and I will enter your picture for you. The winner will be chosen from random.org and announced on Tuesday mornings.

HOWEVER, this challenge will have TWO winners......one will be picked with the random.org generator AND the second will be "judged". All your entries will be placed over on my facebook page in an album. The album will be posted on Tuesday AFTER the random.org winner is announced, the entries will then stay open for "likes" until Wednesday morning....24 hours of judging.

I will have a "theme" each challenge and the entry needs to follow the theme. I will always create a sample entry and will do my best to have "guest" designers.

The entries MUST be original and made for this challenge, AFTER the posted challenge and only one entry per person, and you must use ONE cut using your cricut.

Now on to the fun.....
August's theme is "girlfriends" - anything can be interpreted. I choose this topic since Aug. 1st is National Girlfriends Day, however as girls we can ALWAYS find a reason to scrap about girlfriends, create a card to send to a girlfriend or alter something as a gift. This theme just seemed fun, plus "girlfriends" have been important to me in my life, especially this summer, I have seen how precious life really is and you need to cherish the girls you have in your life.


The "random" prize winner for this challenge will receive:
Making Memories Layered Button Stickers....to me they look like fall, perfect timing:)
Bead Party Peel & Stick Rhinestones....every girl needs some "bling"
An Aluminum Bottle from me, see sample here (you choose color, name & image)....doesn't every girl need a labeled bottle


The "judged" winner will get to enjoy ShOpPiNg at their favorite store!!
They will be awarded $10 CASH, an aluminum bottle and a SET of 4 girlfriend cards (made by me).


Ready, Set, Go......Have Fun!
Hope our designs get your creative juices flowing!!

My design
I have two samples for you, both cards.

This card measures 4 x 6 inches. Don't you just love the "watermarked" paper, plus I used a cut from FY and made this girl....otherwise I "removed" her dress, LOL!!



Recipe:
Expressions and Gypsy
Card stock:
purple, white, green, black

Branded Paper:
The Paper Studio: Cute Pink Flower Dots

Accessories/Embellishments:
Stampin' Up stamps
Stampin' Up white, black & purple ink
Rhinestone bling
Lime Green Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
sand paper
VersaMark ink
markers, black, maroon, brown, yellow
brown, wax pencil

Adhesives:
Pop Dots
Xyron
Zig two way glue
Double Sided Tape


Cartridges:
Forever Young (girl, bra and panty)
Paper Dolls for Everyday (guitar)


This card measures 3 x 5 3/4 inches. Love the "short-hand text" on this card - fun, fun!! Every girl needs a bit of bling on her phone - don't you agree??


Recipe:
Expressions and Gypsy
Card stock:

white, black, red


Accessories/Embellishments:

Stampin' Up stamp
Stampin' Up black & silver ink
White gel pen
Rhinestone Bling
Black marker - edges


Adhesives:

Zig two way glue


Cartridges:

Going Places



Guest Designer #1
Fromicia from YellowBird Creations


Fromicia's Recipe:
The carts used are Stretch Your Imagination (flowers) and Wild card (grass). The clouds were designed them with the gypsy using an oval and small circles with the George & Basic Shapes cart. The ink is from Martha Stewart. Pattern paper is from Recollections, paper was on sale at Michaels and I loved this ! I also used my awesome white gel pen and some pop up dots.

Pop over to visit YellowBird Creations!!




Guest Designer #2
Cristina from Crafting with Cristina


Cristina's Recipe:
Forever Young and Paisley
This was her "first" ever altered Frame :)

Crafting with Cristina has a great instructional video on this frame, go check it out.



Amazing how one idea can lead to different creations - can't wait to see yours!!

Quick Details:
Start Date: Friday, Aug. 6th
End Date: Monday, Aug. 9th, midnight
Random Winner Announced: Tuesday, Aug. 10th
Facebook Album Judging Begins: Tuesday, Aug. 10th
Facebook Album Judging Ends: Wednesday, Aug. 10th
Facebook Winner Announced: Wednesday, Aug. 10th

Create, Link to Misty Linky, Leave a Comment

Thank you and HAVE LOTS of FUN!!!



Are you a fan of Cricut Me That over on facebook??




12 comments:

  1. thanks for the challenge I posted the wrong one so if you can some how delete I re-enter the right card thanks again Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for girlfriends.

    Thanks for the opportunity to compete.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just linked my girlfriend card--thanks for another great challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful cards, love this challenge. smiles and hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge! This was my first time playing and I had a lot of fun!

    Stacey
    Staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a really fun challenge:) Thanks so much.
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the fun challenge, I enjoyed playing and hope to see more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I incorporated your challenge with the one I have going on my blog. I got a two for one! Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was too much fun!!! thanks again Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew, by the skin of my teeth! (Why is that a saying, it sounds pretty gross) :P I'm not sure what I think of this card yet, but I challenged myself to use things I normally don't. Hope you like it :)

    www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. just linked my card. such a great challenge idea! boy was I glad I had my gypsy over the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete