Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cathy's Office Sign / "Spots and Dots" Made by Momo Challenge AND "Bugs, Bees, Ants, or Ladybugs" Paper Playtime Challenge

 

 

 



This was made by special request!! Hope she likes it!!

Details:
I started out with a black piece of The Paper Studio "Texture-Black" paper, made a cut from WILD CARD (pg. 58, telephone dial). I "gypsied" it so I only cut out the "dials and outside circle". Then took a lime green piece of card stock from Hobby Lobby and "gypsied" it again, this time only cutting the "inside" circle. Next I used DoodleBug Design Inc. "ladybug-sugar coated" cardstock and cut out yet again another circle, but only the "outside" circle this time. Those cuts made the black circle, red spots and green circle.

To make the lady bug heads, I used the dial cuts and cut them in half. I added brads for their eyes and stitched with white gel. For the body divider, I cut thin strips of paper and glued them underneath the black. The spots on the lady bug bodies are brads also. I just love all the uses for brads:)

I rubbed my stamp around the edges of the lime green paper to add some antiquing and then rubbed it also the top of the paper to add a bit of texture. The lettering is from DON JUAN, again I gypsied the font, rotating & welding it. I added while gel pen highlighting. I wanted a bit more, so I run the lettering through my cuddlebug.

For a few extra touches I added Offray Ribbon "Dot Red" to make a "hanger" for this sign. I thought a little flower would add a great touch, so I grabbed a Flower Brad from The Paper Studio Spare Parts (again another brad) and attached it to the lime green card stock.

To finish up I covered the back with a white piece of card stock for a finished look.

The "heads" and lime green card stock are "raised" with pop dots for dimension. Speaking of dimension.....the measures 11 1/4 inches diameter.

I really had fun making this item!!

Just in case you are interested in making a fun SPOTS & DOTS project, visit Made by MOMO! She will give you all the details!

Or if you are wanting to play with BUGS, BEES, ANTS or LADYBUGS this week for a project, visit Paper Playtime. She will give you all the details!

Happy Cricuting!!

~abbie
"Like" Me????
Cricut Me That
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. This is sooo adorable! I absolutely love this project and the colors are awesome! thanks so much for being a part of my challenge! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea using the telephone cut from Wild Card! This is so adorable! The lady bugs are so great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sign is TOO CUTE! I love those ladybugs! And the dotting detail with the white gel pen on the letters is a great accent! This would also be great to enter at www.paperplaytime.blogspot.com - this weeks challenge is bugs, bees, ants and ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abbie,

    What a cute project! Very creative, in using the telephone from the WC cart! Your friend is going to LOVE it!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative project - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lisa for the heads on another "challenge" - I entered!!

    Thank you ladies for your sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love all the ladybugs! I never thought of using brads for the dots! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love all the ladybugs! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! My step-mom would love this--she's a ladybug freak. ;)

    TFS! Jessica
    redmonkeyscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, so creative and so cute!! I love this!!!

    http://serenityscrappers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this sign! Great idea! Thanks so much for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, ladies thank you for all the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is way cute! I think i might just do this now! Thanks for giving me such a wonderful idea!

    ~Dorcas

    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Abbie
    I think you did a great job, this is a nice idea
    love it
    Patty

    You're invited to visit my blog and sign up to my follower
    http://www.dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got this in the mail today and it is even more adorable in person! Abbie, you are a crafting genius! I am a ladybug FREAK so this totally made my day. You should post the card, too. It was a cute surprise.

    ReplyDelete